The Uncovery takes your privacy seriously. The following principles guide our treatment of your personal information:
- We value the trust you place in The Uncovery when sharing your personal information with us.
- We strive to be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it and with whom we share it.
- We will work with you to promptly address your concerns about how we use your personal information.
- We will take steps to keep your personal information secure and to protect it from misuse.
Effective Date: December 21st, 2021
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Site collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we (or our service providers) may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Purchase and Preference Information; Shopping History. We may collect information that relates to your product preferences and shopping behavior, such as your order history and which products and categories of products you have browsed, added to your cart or purchased.
- Payment Information. The service provider we engage to process payments may collect your credit card number and billing address, or other payment information. We will not receive any credit card numbers in connection with your transaction.
- Internet and Network Activity Information: We may collect your IP address when you visit the Site. We also use tracking tools like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information about how you interact with the Site and online content. This might include device identifiers, the type of browser and operating system you are using, your browsing and search history on the Site, what areas of the Site you visit and for how long, what products or content you view and click on, what site you came from to get to us and what site you go to when you leave us, and your interactions with our digital ads and content on other sites.
- Information You Post to the Site. We may collect information you post in a public space on the Site, such as product reviews.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code. We may also collect personal information relating to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Submit to Us. We may collect information when you send us a message through the email address on the Site or the livechat feature on the Site, or if you call our support number. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion. This may include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide The Site, Products, and Services. We may use your information to operate and provide the Site and to make available our products and services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions, assisting distributors or other sellers in completing transactions with you, or managing your shopping list.
- To Improve The Site, Products, and Services. We may use your information to make the Site, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- For Marketing Purposes; Interest-Based Advertising. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- To Protect the Site, Our Users, and Others. We use information to protect The Uncovery (including the Site), our users, and third party suppliers and other sellers who use the Site. We may also need to use your personal information to investigate and remediate fraud or other suspected illegal activity.
- For Verification Purposes. For example, we will use certain pieces of information to verify your identity if you make requests pursuant to this Policy. The verification steps and the pieces of information that we request may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Site collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase products through the Site.
- Sign up to receive our emails.
- Join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Participate in one of our surveys, polls, or focus groups.
- Participate in one of our promotions, sweepstakes or contests.
- Submit a product review.
- Submit a request or inquiry to our service team.
- Interact with The Uncovery’s social media pages.
Automatically From Your Devices. For example, we use tracking tools to automatically collect information from your device when you:
- Visit and navigate the Site on any device.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Site. Third parties also collect personal information this way on the Site.
- From Vendors That Provide Services To Us. We may get information about you from our vendors that provide services to us, including, for example, vendors we engage to host or maintain the Site, process payments, distribute orders, send emails, provide marketing, advertising, or adtech services, or provide us with analytics and research.
From Other Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including distributors and other sellers on the Site, store owners, online advertising networks, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites.
- Refer-A-Friend program.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through the Site.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access the Site.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
4. WITH WHOM WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- To Users On the Site. For example, we may display information you post on our product reviews pages.
- We may share your information with our affiliates.
- With Vendors Who Provide Services To Us. We may share your information with vendors who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include vendors we engage to host or maintain the Site, process payments, distribute orders, send emails, provide marketing, advertising, or advertising technology services, or provide us with analytics and research.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, we may share information with distributors and other sellers on the Site. We may also share information with data aggregators, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include our affiliate companies or brands or third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. These third parties may also share your personal information with others. These third parties may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if The Uncovery merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a part of its business to another business entity, we may share your information as part of the diligence process and/or as part of the actual transaction. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, we may share your information when responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
5. COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We automatically collect certain types of usage and device information when you visit the Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through cookies (a small text file sent from a website and stored on your device), web beacons, pixels, and similar tracking technologies. We may utilize third party services to collect this information. For example, these tracking technologies may collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, device type, date and time stamp, unique device ID, and about the way you engage with the Site, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site, the pages you visit, how frequently you access the Site, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Site from multiple devices, the products you view and click on, and similar actions you take.
We use this information collected through tracking technologies to provide custom, personalized content and information (including targeted content and advertising), to recognize you across multiple devices, to monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns of our visitors, and to otherwise enhance the Site and your user experience.
We and third-party advertising networks, social media companies, and other services may collect information about your use of the Site over time and across different devices so that they or we may display advertising that is more likely to be relevant to you and your interests. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third party advertising partners to help identify you across devices or serve you ads on social media sites you may use. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Google Analytics and Advertising:
We use Google Analytics to better understand how our users interact with our Platform. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
6. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account, orders, and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any marketing communication we send you.
You Can Control Cookies and Tracking Tools:
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. If you block cookies, certain features on the Site may not work. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies (such as flash cookies) and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. In addition, options you select relating to cookies and other tracking technologies are browser and device specific. You must exercise these choices on each browser and device you use. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain sites from time to time, go to this website. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light. If you reside in California, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83) permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year or to have the right to opt-out of such disclosures. If you have any questions, then you may contact us via the methods listed in Section 12 of this Policy.
CCPA Disclosures. We want our California residents to know the following specific disclosures about how we handle personal information:
- We or our service providers collect and use the following categories of personal information as set forth in the CCPA: Identifiers (such as name, email address and other information); Payment and customer records information (such as payment information); Commercial information (such as shopping history and other information relating to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior); Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as IP address, device information, and log and analytics data); Sensory information (such as recordings of phone calls between you and us, where permitted by law); Other personal information (such as information you post on our platform or social media pages and information you submit to us); and Geolocation data (such as location information from your device or estimated based on your IP address); Inferences (such as predictions about your interests and preferences). We collect this Personal Information from the sources described above.
- We or our service providers collect and use the above categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2 of this Policy.
- We or our service providers collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in Section 3 of this Policy.
- We may “sell” categories of personal information, including: Identifiers (such as IP address); customer records; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; other personal information; inferences; and geolocation data. We may “sell” these categories of personal information to the categories of third parties described in Section 4 of this Policy.
CCPA Consumer Rights. If you are a California resident, you can also make the following requests with respect to your personal information, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), subject to certain limitations at law:
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of vendors to whom the personal information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights.
How to Submit California Consumer Rights Requests; Verification Process. Please submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to:
The Uncovery, LLC
Attn: Consumer Engagement Center
700 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Re: The Uncovery California Privacy Rights
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require either the successful authentication of your account, or the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Please provide your name, email address and mailing address in the original request, as well as an explanation of the rights you wish to exercise. We will only use the personal information provided in connection with a California Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to verify or complete your request in all circumstances.
Authorized Agents. In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an “authorized agent” (as that term is defined by the CCPA) to submit CCPA requests on your behalf. We may verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf as follows: For requests to know or delete personal information, we may ask you to provide (a) a power of attorney valid under the laws of California from you or your authorized agent; or (b) sufficient evidence to show that you have provided the authorized agent signed permission to act on your behalf, verified your own identity directly with us pursuant to the instructions set forth in this Policy, and directly confirmed with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf. For requests to opt-out of personal information “sales,” we may ask you to provide a signed permission demonstrating your authorized agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Financial Incentives. From time to time, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law (such as coupons and samples) in exchange for the collection, retention, or sale of certain personal information about you, including Identifiers (such as your full name and email address), California Customer Records (such as your contact information) and Commercial Information (such as information specific to your experiences with The Uncovery). Each financial incentive related to the collection and use of personal information is based upon our reasonable, good-faith determination of the estimated value of such information to our business, taking into consideration the value of the offer itself and the anticipated revenue generation that may be realized by rewarding brand loyalty and repeat purchases. We calculate the value of the offer and financial incentive by using the expense related to the offer. When necessary, we will provide information about the specific terms of the financial incentive, such as the type of personal information required to be disclosed, retained or sold in exchange for the benefit you may receive, and instructions on how to opt in or opt out, on the webpage or form where the financial incentive is made available.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of the Site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to help safeguard personal information under our control. A username and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Site. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
9. UNITED STATES ONLY
The Site is intended only for users in the United States, and products will only be shipped to United States postal addresses. If you access the Site from outside of the United States, you understand that we may transfer your personal information to the United States, and you consent to such transfers. Please be advised that your use of the Site is governed by United States law. The data protection laws of the United States may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Information we maintain may be stored by us or our vendors in and outside of the United States.
10. MINORS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
The Site is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 though our Platform. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site may contain links to external sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or send a letter to:
The Uncovery, LLC
Attn: Consumer Engagement Center
700 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
13. CHANGES TO POLICY
From time to time, we may change this Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on the Site. Please check the Site periodically for updates.